Bail is a regulated industry which means all Alameda bail bonds companies charge the same rate for their services. Although all bondsmen are required by law to charge their clients the same rate, this is not to say they all provide the same level of service.
There are several things you’ll want to consider before deciding who to work with:
- Does the bondsman hold a valid, up-to-date bail license?
- Is the company accredited with the Better Business Bureau?
- How long have they been in operation?
- Do they offer 24/7 service?
- Will they require you meet with them in person in order to move forward with the bond?
- Do they offer bail by fax and bail by email?
- Will they dispatch an agent to you, if that is your preference?
- Can they assist you if you live in another state, or are currently traveling outside of California?
- Are they able to help you with a payment plan?
- Do they offer zero percent bail bonds financing?
- Do they charge processing fees or service fees for payment plans?
- Will they require you post collateral to secure the bond?
- Does the bondsman take the time to fully answer your questions?
- Do you get the sense this person will handle your situation with confidentiality and care?
Another thing to consider prior to hiring an Alameda bail bondsman is whether their website provides client testimonials. In many cases this can give you some good insight as to the level of service they provide. Ultimately, you will want to work with someone who can assist you in a way that’s most comfortable for you and who you feel you can trust.