No one ever thinks they will be asked to help arrange Santa Rita Jail bail bonds for a friend or family member. It is not uncommon for people to be unfamiliar with the commercial bail industry and how it works. The below list covers some of the more important points including what to expect how much it will cost and whether you will get your money back.
- The commercial bail industry is highly regulated. Anyone who posts, negotiates or transacts Santa Rita Jail bail bonds is required to take prelicensing education and pass a state exam. You may be surprised to learn that there are companies that
- 3only hire people who have college degrees.
- The cost to purchase Santa Rita Jail bail bonds is not set by individual agents. It is instead set according to state law. That rate is 10%. It does not matter which town, municipality or city a person is arrested in. The cost to hire a bondsman will be the same. For example, if bail has been set at $20,000 you can expect to pay $2,000 to purchase a bond.
- Some companies will use deceptive advertising to get clients through the door. They will put up signs offering discount bail bonds. When the client starts to fill out the required paperwork they learn the discount rate refers to the amount of money they would need to put down in order to be eligible for a payment plan. The total cost will still be 10%.
- The fee you pay to a bondsman is just that- a fee. It is not something you will get back. It does not matter if charges are never filed, if the defendant is found not guilty or the case is dismissed.
- The only time bail money is refunded is if you post cash bail. This would involve putting up the full bail amount, in cash, with the jail or the court. As long as the defendant makes all of their required court appearances that money would be refunded to whomever posted it once the case is over. This refund is not immediate and it often takes several months to process.
- You might not need to meet with the bondsman in person. You may be surprised to learn that some companies offer online Santa Rita Jail bail bonds by fax and email. In this case the required paperwork can be faxed or emailed to you. As soon as you fill it out, return it to the bondsman and work out payment details an agent will be sent to post the bond. Most people find that online Santa Rita Jail bail bonds are the fastest and easiest way to get someone out of jail.